Friday, April 29, 2011
I started with a 9 x 12 piece of interfacing. I layered pieces of scrap fabric with flowers on top of a 9 x 12 piece of double sided Steam Light 2 fusible webbing. Once I found the right lay out I ironed them on. I then ironed this to the interfacing. I dug through my ribbons looking for pieces that would pop against the back ground. I sewed the ribbon in place in no particular order. The lace was last to be sewn on. (I think next time I will start with the lace first.) I used my sewing machine to stitch all of the ribbon and lace in place. I cut 2 4 x 6 postcards out of it and 2 fabric ATC's. I have a piece left that I am going to finish the edges of and hang in my sewing area.